Car Insurance Quote
Explanations of Different types of Car Insurance Coverage:
- Comprehensive Coverage – this type of coverage includes damage from floods, storms, vandalism, falling objects, water etc.
- Collision Coverage – this covers all damage done to your car when colliding with any object. It covers the cost of your car minus the deductible that the customer pays.
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage - this covers any physical injuries made to other people or damage that is done to their property if you are held liable.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage – this coverage reimburses you for the expenses you will have when renting a car in the event of an accident.
- Towing & Road Service Coverage – this is to insure that you can get back on the road quickly in the case of an accident.
No state requires car owners to carry insurance for all these risks. But many states require drivers to carry minimum amount of liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage, as well as personal injury protection coverage.
In New York, the limits required by law for automobile insurance are 25/50/10. The first two figures refer to bodily injury liability and the third figure to property damage liability. For example, $50,000 for all persons injured in a single accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual, and $10,000 coverage for property damage.